Revenue collection operations at City Hall Annex came to a standstill on Wednesday after over 15,000 striking workers downed their tools, cutting off the power supply to the county offices over a pay rise.
A blackout in all government offices was experienced on the day of the strike with the Parking Director, Tom Tinega, saying he wasn’t aware that it was the workers who had cut the electricity supply.
“There is a blackout since morning, but I’m not sure of the cause,” Tinega told journalists.
City Hall is reportedly to collect 100 million a day through the county workers. The strike will see the county experience losses with Feb most likely recording the lowest revenue collection.
“Nothing is happening now. Parking and market fees have been hit most because they are collected daily and the workers are not on duty. The loss is huge, but I cannot quantify for now,” Tinega stated.
PLOTS AND HOUSES FOR SALE
Kenya2U has Great Property Deals Just for You!
• Intercity Gardens in Kitengela@ Ksh1.895M
• Tinga Springs in Kajiado @ Ksh99,000
• Ruaka Ridge homes in Ruaka @ Ksh7.1M
• Grey Oak property in Nanyuki @ Ksh350,000
• Grey Oak property in Athi River @ Ksh450,000
• Blue Bells Apartment along Beijing Road @Ksh7.4M
• inFinity Properties in Kantafu @Ksh 625,000
Call 0742343908 to Book yours Now!