Kenya farmers are set to be issued with 2.6 million seedlings in the next two months. While speaking in Speaking in Mombasa, Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri stated that cashew nut, coconut, mango, macadamia, tissue banana and avocado seedlings will be issued to the farmers in a bid to supplement their output.
Half a million coconut and cashew nut seedlings will be distributed in the coastal region as the ministry’s strategy to revive the coastal region which has been neglected for decades.
The first batch consisting of 300, 000 coconut seedlings and 200,000 cashew nuts, will be issued to Lamu county from the coming week.
According to the CS, the government is working to ensure that it increases the exports of agricultural products and this will see it distribute 4 million seedlings during the short rains period.
Trade CS Peter Munya on the other side has said that avocado exports to China has been suspended temporarily after they were infested with pests.
To curb this, the government will be investing in refrigeration machines to preserve the products before being exported.
OFFERS!! OFFERS!! OFFERS!
Kenya2U has Great Property Deals Just for You this Holiday!
• Mnarani GreenPark in Kilifi @ Ksh12.5M
• Intercity Gardens in Kitengela@ Ksh1.895M
• Tinga Springs in Kajiado @ Ksh99,000
• Ruaka Ridge homes in Ruaka @ Ksh7.1M
• Grey Oak property in Nanyuki @ Ksh350,000
• Grey Oak property in Athi River @ Ksh450,000
• Blue Bells Apartment along Beijing Road @Ksh7.4M
• inFinity Properties in Kantafu @Ksh 625,000
Call 0742343908 to Book yours Now!