Kenya is Set to Regulate Airbnb Among Other Tourism Companies
The Tourism Regulatory Authority has plans to have all companies dealing with tourism activities in the country registered among them being Airbnb.
Confirming this, Tourism Fund Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Cherutoi said that plans are underway to have Airbnb remitting its taxes by July after registration.
“We are working with Airbnb to facilitate registration and remitting of taxes by July. They are supposed to be licensed by TRA after which we can come in,” said Mr. Joseph Cherutoi
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) is set to be signed when the government meets the Airbnb official on taxation matters.
“After that, once Airbnb collects their commission, they will also collect the levy on our behalf. We are also going to work with the Kenya Revenue Authority,” Mr. Cherutoi said.
The Tanzanian Government made a similar move after an increased appetite for the share of the rapidly growing platform.
PLOTS AND HOUSES FOR SALE
Kenya2U has Great Property Deals Just for You!
• Intercity Gardens in Kitengela@ Ksh1.895M
• Tinga Springs in Kajiado @ Ksh99,000
• Ruaka Ridge homes in Ruaka @ Ksh7.1M
• Grey Oak property in Nanyuki @ Ksh350,000
• Grey Oak property in Athi River @ Ksh450,000
• Blue Bells Apartment along Beijing Road @Ksh7.4M
• inFinity Properties in Kantafu @Ksh 625,000
Call 0742343908 to Book yours Now!