Drought Triggered Inflation Rate to 4.35% In March
Kenya’s year-on-year inflation rate increased from 4.14 per cent in March 2019 to 4.35 per cent, as recorded in KNBS reports.
According to the monthly report, the increase was attributed to the prevailing drought conditions which made food prices to shoot in some areas. Food and Non-Alcoholic Drinks’ Index increased by 3.30 per cent.
“Food items such as maize grain was lower in March 2019 compared to March 2018. For instance, maize grain recorded a drop of 33.81 per cent from KSh 62.78 per kilogram in March 2018 to KSh 41.56 in March 2019,” the KNBS report added.
On the other hand, products like the Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas and Other Fuels’ Index decreased by 0.06 per cent in March compared to February 2019. This was due to the low cost of electricity which outweighed an increase in house rents and cooking fuels.
PLOTS AND HOUSES FOR SALE
Kenya2U has Great Property Deals Just for You!
• Intercity Gardens in Kitengela@ Ksh1.895M
• Tinga Springs in Kajiado @ Ksh99,000
• Ruaka Ridge homes in Ruaka @ Ksh7.1M
• Grey Oak property in Nanyuki @ Ksh350,000
• Grey Oak property in Athi River @ Ksh450,000
• Blue Bells Apartment along Beijing Road @Ksh7.4M
• inFinity Properties in Kantafu @Ksh 625,000
Call 0742343908 to Book yours Now!